Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency (SAMA) provides property assessment values to municipalities.
Provincial legislation sets the percentage of value (POV) that determines the taxable assessment used by municipalities when determining tax policy and rates.
2021 Mill Rate: 6.00
Bylaw 4-2021, Mill Rate Factors
Bylaw 5-2019, $25 Minimum Tax on Residential Land
Bylaw 1-2013, Discounts available on current Municipal and Hail Taxes
- 5% on pre-payment received in January – August 31
- 5% on payment received before September 30
- 4% on payment received before October 31
- 2% on payment received before November 30
No discount is available on taxes collected on behalf of School Divisions.
Bylaw 1-2008, Penalty on Arrears
Taxes which remain unpaid after the 31st of December of the year in which they are levied shall be subject to a penalty.
A penalty of 1% will accumulate each month for each full or portion of a month that taxes remain in arrears.
- online banking customers can send an e-mail money transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- check with your individual banking service provider for daily transfer limits and service fees
- Credit Union members have the option to pay through their branch to the Horizon Credit Union using the Customer Number found at the top right of the Tax Notice next to the name (# 000)
- check with your branch if they are a participating Central 1 Credit Union